To participate, all you have to do is send happy mail art and well wishes to one of our recipients.
To enter in the Mail a Smile mail art challenge and get your work posted on our website, you just have to follow these easy steps:
- Sign up to the email newsletter so that you can get information about the current recipient of the mailart.
- Make happy mail art! It’s your choice if you want to follow the theme for the current challenge or not, it’s the art itself that is important.
- Take a photo of your mail art project. Make sure that the recipient’s address is not visible. But if you happen to forget I will fix it before I upload the image to the gallery.
- E-mail the photo of your project (with an optional description of your art work) to ‘info[at]mailasmile[dot]org’ and it will be uploaded to the gallery.
- Send your theme choice for the next challenge, in case you will be the winner, the next challenge can be published immediately so the project can operate smoothly without a delay.
- Send off the mail art and the smiles to the recipient! Feel awesome that you sent off something beautiful and happy to someone who needs a smile right now.
- If you have a website, send your link and it will be uploaded under Mail a Smile supporters.
What happens next?
- Images are continuously added to the image gallery with all mail art contributions, for everyone to see! More smiles for everyone!
- Micu’s cat, Kakaó draws a winner from all participants at the end of the challenge.
- The winner’s chosen theme will be the next challenge’s theme.
- The winner will receive a small prize.
- An interview with the winner will be published on the blog.
Is your head full of questions? Check out our FAQ page, or send us an email at ‘info[at]mailasmile[dot]org’.